- Employee Type: Full-Time
- Location: Casa Grande, AZ
- Category: Skilled Labor - Trades, Installation - Maint - Repair, Management
- Experience: Not Specified
- Date Posted: 1/9/2017
Community: Palm Creek Golf & RV Resort
Do you like working with your hands? Are you a maintenance professional looking for a dynamic and growing organization that will both challenge and reward you? Join our team at Sun RV Resorts and embark on an exciting new opportunity! We're looking for a Director, Facilities to oversee the preventative maintenance and upkeep of buildings at one of our RV resorts.
As a Director, Facilities you'll be responsible for the overall preventative maintenance and upkeep of resort buildings and other facilities at the resort. You'll supervise all aspects of home and building repairs, refurbishments, and preventative measures to ensure our resort remains a great place to live and visit. Additionally, you'll supervise and oversee the resort maintenance, groundskeeping, golf course, facilities and housekeeping teams.
- Schedule, delegate, and follow-up on work assignments to ensure efficient, thorough completion of assigned work orders.
- Oversee and assist team with all aspects of preventative maintenance and repairs of facilities and buildings such as clubhouses, activities halls, snack bars, resort stores and restaurants.
- Oversee retail construction projects to ensure completion and profitability.
- Estimate time and materials needed for new home hardscape projects.
- Handle and resolve customer and vendor inquiries and complaints in a timely and professional manner.
- Coordinate team member selection, training, scheduling and development of direct reports and ensure all team members comply with appropriate policies and procedures.
- Prioritize and resolve resort service requests, including maintaining records of type and frequency of service requests received.
- Establish emergency facilities maintenance on-call schedule.
- Ensure team members are performing duties in a safe manner, adhering to all safety procedures and properly using safety equipment.
- Assist with facilities maintenance issues regarding new homes as directed.
- Coordinate and ensure completion of routine preventative maintenance and minor emergency electrical repairs, plumbing, sewage, construction, and street repair.
- Prepare all facilities maintenance-related logs in accordance of the Operations Manual.
- Review and approve exterior improvement requests and tree maintenance/removal requests.
- Maintain inventory of equipment, tools, and supplies; purchase supplies, equipment and services as needed while ensuring to adhere to budget guidelines.
- Meet with Resort Manager daily to report on the status of all scheduled facilities maintenance work; notify manager of unsightly or hazardous conditions and recommended solutions.
- Issue resident rule reminders and violation notices, and follow-up as needed.
- Assist with all aspects of the capital expenditure program, including reviewing budget variances as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of 5 years experience with facilities and preventative maintenance techniques, repair work, and groundskeeping
- Minimum of 3 years supervisory experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of plumbing, electrical, construction, pool, golf course, and grounds maintenance
- Proficient skills in operating various hand tools and power equipment
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Basic computer proficiency including the ability to use the Microsoft Office Suite, email, and internet
- Ability to respond to resort needs during non-business hours